As a psychologist I am bound by professional standards to not make a diagnosis of someone I have not met, so I will refrain from labeling John McCain. However in your comments you can say anything you want. I thought, to shed a little light on how he thinks, I would share a few jokes he had told, to give you a veiw into how he thinks uncensored:
SENSITIVITY TO WOMEN-
- Enjoying Rape -Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on a street by a guerrilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regain consciousness and tried to speak, her doctor then leans over to hear her sigh contentedly and ask feebly “where is that marvelous ape?” Tucson Citizen, October 26, 2007.
- Clinton a Lesbian? “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno!” – told to his paper the Arizona Republic – http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html
- and then there was the quip, referring to Cindy as the C word.
How about killing, torture and war?
- Let’s start with the twist he gave to the beach boys song Bomb Iran
- Or when told our biggest export to Iran was cigarettes “Maybe that’s a way of killing em.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p05FFS3IenM
- and then the fact that he jokingly threatens his staffers with waterboarding.
Senior Citizens –And then their was the reference to the elderly Leisure World as “sezuire world” and his joke about alzheimers: “The nice thing about Alzheimer’s is you get to hide your own Easter eggs.” –1999 (when apolgizing for Clinton joke)
In the end, we are left with a residue that suggests at the very best a mean spirit and disdain for those he considers his foil.